Transferring Your Email Account to C Spire
When you transfer your service to C Spire, your email account with your old provider will eventually be turned off. To ensure that you do not lose your contacts and your old email, please follow these steps:
- Create your new C Spire email account
- Notify known email contacts of your new email address
- Update email address on online billing statements and online accounts
- Create a free Gmail account
- Follow steps of this link https://support.google.com/mail/answer/164640?hl=en\ to import contacts and emails from old account
- Setup auto-forwarding while your old email account is still active
- Once you verify that your emails were imported to the Gmail account you will need to open this link: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en.
- Setup auto-forwarding from Gmail account to new C Spire account
Note: Emails from the previous email account that were forwarded to Gmail cannot be forwarded from Gmail to the new C Spire email account. Only new, incoming emails will come to the C Spire account from Gmail, using the auto-forwarding.
Additional Help Links:
- This link helps with the transfer of old (read) emails as well as importing contacts. It also fetches newer emails that may come in.
- Specifically for Comcast, this link helps with the forwarding of emails from the Comcast account to Gmail. With this link you can link the two accounts and even reply from the Gmail account while still using the Comcast email address.
- This link gives you a list of widely known and less widely known ISPs that you could use Gmail to import from. It helps with the auto-forwarding, as well as the importing of emails and contacts.