Motorola Data Tranfer and Backup Instructions
As an Android user, your Google account (Gmail in most cases) can also be used as a cloud storage solution.
Contacts (most Androids):
To back up and restore your contacts on most Androids, you can follow the below steps:
- Within your Contacts (sometimes called People), your settings menu should have a "Merge with Google" option. This may be within the manage contacts section of your settings.
- If you have this option, you can press on this option to convert all of your contacts to your Google (Gmail) account. If you do not have "merge with Google" option, you can follow these steps:
- Within your settings menu of your contacts, you will have an export/import option
- Choose this export option to export your contacts to your internal memory
- Once the contacts are exported, you can import your contacts back to your device
- Whenever you attempt to import your contacts back, you will be asked where you would like to save your contacts to, you can choose your Google account. This will save all of your contacts to your Google account
- Once your contacts have been converted to your Google account, these will now be available to restore by signing into your Google account on your new device.
Media (most Androids):
To back up and restore your photos via Google photos (you will need to download this via the Play Store), please follow the steps below:
- Once you have downloaded the application, you will be asked to sync your content with the application.
- The above step will now sync all pictures that are currently within your photos and will sync all pictures taken moving forward.
- If you have a new device and want to sync all of your pictures that are within Google Photos, you will need to download the application on your new device. Once the app is downloaded, you can sign into Google photos to sync your pictures.
You can also use the Motorola option called "Motorola Migrate" to back up and restore data as well. This option will allow you to transfer data from any android or iOS device to a Motorola device.
Motorola Migrate: https://www.motorola.com/us/motorola-migrate/motorola-migrate.html
Transfer from an Android to an iPhone:
If you are wanting to transfer your content from your current Motorola device to an iPhone, you can use the Apple app "Move to iOS". Directions for this application are located in the link below:
Move to iOS: http://www.apple.com/iphone/switch-to-iphone/