Giving or Receiving a Device as a Gift
If you're giving a C Spire device as a gift, there are a couple of things to note:
- Keep your receipt and all of the documentation you received when you purchased the device. The person receiving the device as a gift will need the 10-digit order number in order to activate it. The order number is printed on the receipt.
- A device given as a gift must be activated within 30 days of purchase or the account will be billed for the full price of the device.
- If no action is taken, the device will automatically be activated after 60 days, which means billing will begin.
If you received a C Spire device as a gift, here's what you need to do:
Even if it's on a holiday or on a Sunday, when C Spire stores are closed, you can still activate and start using your new device. You can either activate it online or by phone.
To activate your device, you'll need the following information:
- Mobile number of the device being activated
- 10-digit order number (the gift giver should have this information)
- Serial number of the device (check the box the device came in)
- Last four digits of the Social Security Number or Tax ID Number used to set up the account (the gift giver probably has this too)
Click here to activate your device online or call 1-855-CSPIRE5 (277-4735) to activate your device via phone.
IMPORTANT ACTIVATION TIP:
During activation, you may be asked to dial *228. If you're activating a 4G/LTE device (a device with a SIM card), DO NOT dial * (star) 228 during the activation process. This step is not necessary for 4G devices.
If you're not sure whether the device you're activating is 4G or 3G device, please refer to the activation instructions that came with your device.