Set Up Movie & TV Show Ratings Controls
In this article, we walk through the steps you need to take to set up Movie & TV Show Ratings controls on your C Spire Set Top Box (STB).
C Spire's Parental Controls system enables you to set up Movie & TV Ratings controls. By setting up these controls, you are able to block access to Movies and TV Shows based upon their ratings. This is especially helpful in preventing unwanted access to NC-17 and TV-MA shows for younger children for example.
Setting up your Movie & TV SHow Ratings Controls is easy. Follow these steps to set up your Parental Controls PIN:
- Using your C Spire Remote Control, navigate using the following buttons:
MENU > SETTINGS > PARENTAL > Set Ratings
- You will be prompted to enter in your Parental Control 'Ratings PIN.' Enter your PIN and click OK.
- Then use the Right and Left arrows to select which maximum rating you would like the system to use. When a user attempts to watch a show at this rating or higher, they will be prompted to enter in a pin. (Learn how to set up your PIN)
- Separate ratings need to be set for TV Shows and Movies because they utilize different ratings scales.
- Once you have set up your TV Show and Movie Ratings, use the Down arrow to navigate to the OK button. Press it and you're good to go!
TV Ratings Definitions
- TV Y – All Children
- TV Y7 – Older Children
- TV Y7 FV – Older Children – Fantasy Violence
- TV G – General Audience
- TV PG – Parental Guidance Suggested
- TV 14 – Parents Strongly Cautioned
- TV MA – Mature Audience Only
For more info on TV Ratings, check out TVGuidelines.org.
Movie Ratings Definitions
- G – General Audiences
- PG – Parental Guidance Suggested
- PG-13 – Parents Strongly Cautioned
- R – Restricted
- NC-17 – No One 17 and Under Admitted
For more info on Movie ratings, please see Filmratings.com.