Payment Extensions - Additional Time to Pay Your Bill
If you need more time to pay your bill, you can request a payment extension online, by phone and, soon, through the My C Spire app. An approved payment extension will extend your payment due date by six days.
You can request a payment extension if you ...
- have a past-due balance,
- have been a C Spire customer for at least six months AND
- are authorized to pay the bill for your account.
How does a payment extension work?
Let's say that your bill is due on the 15th of the month but you need a bit more time before paying it. If you request a payment extension, and it's approved, your new due date advances six days to the 21st of that month.
What you need to know about payment extensions:
- Only one payment extension will be approved per billing cycle.
- A $5 payment extension service fee will be charged for every approved payment extension.
- An approved payment extension will extend your payment due date by six days.
When is a payment extension not available?
- If you have been a customer for less than six months
- If your bill is not past due
- If your service has already been suspended
- If you have a Pay As You Go/prepaid plan
Please note that even if your request for a payment extension is approved, you must sill pay the past-due balance before you can perform certain actions on your account like upgrading a device or adding a line.
Requesting a Payment Extension Online
- Sign in to your online account.
- On your account home page, look for your current balance.
- If you're eligible for a payment extension, you'll see a link below your current balance. Click or tap the link to request a payment extension.
- After requesting the payment extension, you'll see a popup box alerting you to the $5 payment extension fee along with giving you the ability to accept the extension or cancel your request.
- If you accept the payment extension, you'll then see a confirmation message and new due date.